Once you have mastered Spaghetti Bolognese and the Quick Cheese Sauce, try this recipe when you have a few friends around.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan oven/200ºC/Gas 6.
- Put the 2 mugs of grated cheese, flour and nutmeg in a saucepan and mix well. Add the milk and stir well. Gently bring to the boil, stirring frequently. The sauce should thicken.
- Make the Bolognese Sauce.
- Use an oblong casserole dish. If you only have a round one, you will need to break up the pasta strips to fit. Firstly, put a layer of Bolognese sauce on the bottom of the dish and cover with some lasagna strips, making sure they do not overlap. Next, put a layer of cheese sauce, then pasta strips, then the rest of the Bolognese sauce. Lay more pasta strips and then the rest of the cheese sauce. Finally, top with some grated cheese.
- Cook for 25 minutes. Test the pasta with a fork to see if it is cooked through. If it is not, reduce the temperature of the oven to 160ºC fan oven/180ºC/Gas 4 and cook for another 5–10 minutes.
- Serve with salad or garlic bread.