- Heat a little oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the mince and cook until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, tomato purée, mushrooms and sugar. Crumble the stock cube into the pan, stir well. Bring to boil, then simmer gently for 10 minutes. Add the herbs one minute before the end of the cooking time and season well with salt and pepper.
- Put spaghetti on to cook
- Drain the pasta and add a little olive oil to stop it sticking together. Serve on the plate with the Bolognese sauce on the top. You can grate Parmesan or Cheddar cheese over the top if you like.
Simple Spaghetti Bolognese
- 1 tablespoon oil to fry
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 250g packet of mince, beef, lamb
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 4–5 mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 teaspoon freeze-dried mixed
- salt and pepper
- spaghetti to serve
£0.95 / PERSON