- Grate the cucumber and mix the sauce ingredients together.
- Put the rice in the boiling water, bring to the boil, then add the raisins and the pilau rice seasoning. Stir once and then turn down to simmer, with a lid on, for 12 minutes. Add the almonds at the end of the cooking time.
- Mix together the salt, pepper, cinnamon, cumin and paprika. Rub onto the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken on a high heat for 2 minutes each side. Turn the heat down and fry for 3 minutes each side.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds and honey over the chicken and fry for a further 1 minute each side. Take care not to burn the honey.
- Remove from the pan and cut the chicken breasts into slices. Serve over the rice with the yoghurt sauce.
Sesame and Honey Spiced Chicken with yoghurt sauce and sweet rice
- 300ml tub natural yoghurt
- 1/4 cucumber, grated
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- 1 mug basmati rice
- 2 mugs boiling water
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 2 teaspoons pilau rice seasoning
- 2 tablespoons almonds
- 3 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey