You can fry the nuts, carrot and courgette at same time but to simplify things and avoid any chance of burning the seeds we have separated it out.
- Put 2 mugs of boiling water in a pan, add the pilau rice seasoning and the rice. Stir once and bring back to the boil. Turn down to gently simmer, with a lid on, for 10 minutes. The water should be absorbed and the rice cooked. Once cooked, remove from the heat and leave with a lid on.
- In a bowl, mix the chicken, oil and ginger. Cover and set aside until later.
- Meanwhile, heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the following in batches until they begin to brown. Once fried, transfer into a large bowl
- The seeds.
- The carrots and the courgettes.
- The chicken and the onions.
- Mix everything together with the cooked rice, season with salt and pepper and serve.