This is best made when spring green are in season (in spring time!). The chorizo and greens compliment each other well and the fresh herbs top everything off. Ben, who usually refuses greens on the basis they are just trees absolutely loved this one.
- Fry the chorizo in a large frying pan, until it begins to brown a little. Take out of the pan, drain on some kitchen paper, then chop into small pieces.
- Wipe the fat from the chorizo out of the pan with some kitchen paper. Add the olive oil and fry the onions and garlic until the begin to soften.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan, boil some water and cook the bulgar wheat, it needs to simmer gently for 10 – 15 minutes. Usually it will absorb all the water, so no need to drain.
- Strip the hard stalks out of the spring greens and discard. Chop the remaining leaves and add to the pan along with the sultanas, water and stock cube. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chorizo, mint, parsley, almonds, and bulgar wheat to the pan. Season well with salt and pepper, combine and serve.