There are quite a lot of ingredients here but it is well worth it, makes a truly yummy and quite unusual vegetarian dish. If there are not 6 of you some lucky person can take the rest of the loaf for their lunch the next day.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/200ºC/gas 6. Grease and line a loaf tin.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion, fennel seeds and fennel until everything begins to soften. Take off the heat and mix with the rest of the loaf ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour into the loaf tin, press down to spread evenly and bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in 1 mug of boiling water and the teaspoon of pilau rice. Once cooked, allow to cool slightly.
- Cut the orange slices into smaller pieces and add to the rice along with the herbs, onions, seasoning and the olive oil.
- Serve with the salad leaves and the sliced loaf.