This is a Brilliant weekday alternative to Spaghetti Bolognese. The chilli is optional if you have younger children.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and fry until the onion begins to soften.
- Take the skins of the sausages and break up. Add to the pan and fry until they begin to brown.
- Add the water, stock cube, tomatoes and tomato puree. Bring to the boil and then turn down to simmer for 5 minutes. Add the chilli if you are using it and season well with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta, drain and combine with the sausage mixture.
- Sprinkle the basil over and serve.