- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan oven/200ºC/gas 7. Grease and line the bottom of 2 x 19cm cake tins.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each.
- Add the flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, cocoa and milk. Fold in gently until smothly mixed
- Spoon into the 2 tins and spread out evenly.
- Place in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes unitl they bounce back a little when gently pressed. Take out of the oven and cool.
- To make the ganache, heat the cream until it just boils. Take off the heat and add the chocolate, stir until it melts. Leave in the fridge for about 1 hour, the ganache should thicken. Sandwich the 2 cakes together with the ganache and spread the rest on top.
Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Recipe with chocolate ganache topping
- 230g softened butter, measure using packet
- 1 1/4 mugs/230g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 mugs/230g rice flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 250ml double cream
- 250g milk chocolate
25 Minutes + 1 Hour cooling