- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the onion 1. and garlic for
- Add the mince and cook until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, stock cube and chilli powder. Cook for
- Add the beans and cook for a further one minute. Taste to see if you
would like more chilli powder. If you add more, cook for
- Serve with rice (see video on perfect rice every time) or baked potatoes.
Classic Chilli Con Carne
- 1 tablespoon oil to fry
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 250g pack of mince, or Quorn
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 stock cube, beef, lamb or vegetable
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder, more if you like it hot
- 400g tin baked beans
- 2 large potatoes to bake or rice to serve.
£1 / person