- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan oven/200ºC/gas 6. Grease 2 baking trays.
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the egg yolks and the vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir in the orange zest and then the flour. Mix to a stiff dough.
- Make about 20 small balls and place them on the trays. Give them a squash down.
- Place in the oven for 12 minutes until slightly browned.
- Once cooled, mix the icing sugar and enough orange juice together to make a fairly stiff icing. Put a blob on each cookie and then shake over with a few sprinkles.
Zingy Orange Cookies
- 180g softened butter (measure using packet)
- 1⁄2 mug/135g sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- grated zest of an orange
- 1 1⁄2 mugs/225g self-raising flour
- 1 mug/185g icing sugar
- juice of an orange sprinkles