- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/fan/200ºC/Gas 6.
- Grease two 20cm round cake tins. Cut a round of greaseproof paper and put in the bottom of the cake tins.
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl. Beat well with a wooden spoon.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat well. The mixture should go quite pale.
- Add the flour and drinking chocolate, fold in gently with a metal spoon. Do not beat the cake mixture at this stage. If the eggs used were small and the mixture is very stiff, add one tablespoon of water.
- Pour the mixture into the tins and smooth out the top. Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes. When the cake is done, you should be able to gently press it in the centre and it will not leave an indentation, but rather ‘bounce’ back a little.
- Leave the cake to cool.
- Put one of the cakes up-side down on a plate and spread with fresh whipped cream. Put the other cake, right way up, on top.
- Melt a bar of Dairy Milk in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Spread it over the top of the cake. You can sprinkle a broken up Flake on top, in order to make the whole thing completely naughty!
Classic Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1/3 x 500g packet of butter
- 3/4 mug sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 mug self-raising flour
- 3 tablespoons drinking chocolate
- 1 tablespoon water if required
Filling and topping
- small carton of cream for the filling
- 140g bar of Dairy Milk
- 1 Flake for the topping