- To make the chips. No need to peel the potatoes, cut into large chunky chips. Put in some boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes or until the potato is tender. Drain and spread out, leave to go cold. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Test with one pice of potato and when it ‘bubbles’ in the oil add 1/2 of the chips. Fry until the chips are nicely browned. Repeat with the other half.
- While the boiled potatoes are cooling, cut the sweet potato into 2cm chunks. Place in boiling water and simmer for 4 – 5 minutes, or until the potato is tender. Drain and set to one side until needed. Put the grill on to heat up for the frittata.
- While the chips are frying, heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the onions and red peppers until they begin to soften. Add the spinach and cook for about a minute and it should wilt. Take off the heat and add the sweet chilli peppers and the sweet potatoes, mix together gently.
- Add the beaten eggs and allow them to set a little on the bottom of the pan, push the set egg to one side a little to allow the unset egg to get to the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for another minute. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the cheese on the top and place under the grill until the top is browned and the cheese begins to bubble.
- Serve with the chips
Sweet Potato and Spinach Fritatta recipe with twice cooked chips
- 4 medium potatoes
- 2 mugs sunflower oil
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 200g bag fresh spinach
- 3 hot sweet chilli peppers (bottled), chopped
- 6 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 mug grated cheese