- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the leeks and fry until they begin to soften but not brown.
- Add the peas, water and stock and bring to the boil. Turn down to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the mint and lemon rind and blitz until nice and smooth.
- Stir in the mascarpone cheese. Season with salt and pepper and leave with a lid on.
- Brush the beaten egg onto one side the bread. Sprinkle with the seeds and press them into the bread. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry on both sides until browned. Cut into strips and serve with the soup.
Leek and pea soup recipe with sesame and poppy seed toasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large leeks, cut into rings
- 2 mugs frozen peas, defrosted
- 3 mugs boiling water
- 2 tablespoon concentrated liquid vegetable stock or 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- grated rind of a lemon
- 200g mascarpone cheese
- 4 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 beaten egg