You can make your own muffins or buy them, but they need to be quite large to make this hold up. Make your own add you will have a few for the next day! You can whip the cream, prepare the strawberries and prepare the chocolate sauce beforehand.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan oven/200ºC/gas 6. Put about 15 large muffin cases in cake tins.
- To make the muffins, put all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together the wet ingredients in a large jug and add into the bowl. Mix together. Put 2 dessertspoons of the mixture in each cake case. Place in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the cakes bounce back a little when they are lightly pressed. Leave to cool.
- To make the chocolate sauce, place all the ingredients in a small saucepan and gently bring to the boil. Simmer for 30 seconds and then leave to cool a little.
- Beat the cream until it just begins to thicken , not really stiff.
- Cut the strawberries into small pieces.
- Assemble everything – see photo – words escape me to quite explain this one!