WHERE ON EARTH: Pesto can be found with the “cook-in” sauces.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan oven/200ºC/gas 6.
- Place the onion and carrots in a pan of boiling water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken breasts and bring back to the boil, simmering for 10 minutes. Add the broccoli 5 minutes before the end of this cooking time.
- Drain the water from the pan and return everything to the pan. Remove the chicken and cut into bite-size pieces. Return to the pan and place a lid on the top.
- To make the sauce, heat the 50g of butter in a large pan and then add the flour, mix together and cook for 30 seconds. Take off the heat and add the milk, cream, curry paste and cheese. Bring back to the boil, stirring frequently, to make a good creamy sauce. Add the parsley.
- Put the chicken, onions, broccoli and carrots into the sauce and mix well. Season to taste. Pour into a greased casserole dish.
- Melt the other 50g of butter and mix the breadcrumbs into it. Pour these over the top of the casserole and spread evenly. Place in the oven for 20 minutes, the breadcrumbs should be nicely browned.