- Mix together the spices and put on a plate. Add the chicken breasts and distribute the spices evenly over them. Press the spices in and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes each side on a high heat. Then fry for 3-4 minutes each side, on a low heat, with a lid on the pan.
- Test the thickest part of the chicken to make sure it is no longer pink inside.
- Put the beans in boiling water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Put the oil in a frying pan and fry the mushrooms and spring onions for 2 minutes. Add the lentils and lemon juice and cook for 1 minute.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the tomatoes and the fresh herbs. Mix together.
- Cut the chicken into slices and serve with the lentil mix and the beans.
Spiced Chicken Pieces and Puy Lentils with herbs and lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 3 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200g pack green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 400g tin puy lentils, drained
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley