- Combine the spice mix in a small bowl.
- Mix together the kofta ingredients, along with half of the spice mix, in a large bowl. Roll the mixture into around 20 small balls with your hands (they will expand a little during the cooking process). Dust over with the flour.
- Heat the butter in a large pan and add the onion. Once browned, turn down the heat and add the rest of the spice mixture. Stir for about 30 seconds until they start to smell really great!
- Add the water and then the remaining ingredients (excluding the rice). Bring to the boil.
- Gently add the koftas to the pan, bring back to the boil and turn down to simmer gently, with a lid on, for 10 minutes. After 5 minutes, check and gently turn the koftas.
- Put the rice on to cook. Once cooked, leave with a lid on to keep warm until ready to serve.
- Remove the lid from the koftas and simmer for 5 minutes until the the sauce thickens. Take off the heat and leave to cool slightly. Serve with rice.
Note: If you like things spicy just up the amount of chilli powder. However, try not to get too carried away if you have got a really hot chilli powder.
one more thing: If you want, you can add some chopped fresh coriander when you serve.