These home made beef burgers are a great twist to what you might do normally cook, you could try not telling people that their burger has anything in it, like a surprise burger? I don’t know maybe we’re just being silly, here’s how to make them. Let us know how it went for you in the comments below
- In a food processor (with chopping blade attachement) blitz the onion until finely chopped. Then add the beef, egg and some generous seasoning. Blitz until mixed through.
- Split the meat mixture into 4 and spread out as thin as you can (just under a centemeter should be fine).
- Wrap each stick of cheese in a piece of pepper. Place the pepper and cheese into the middle of the beef and wrap around forming a sausage shape. Make sure it is closed at the ends and there are no gaps for the cheese to come out later.
On a medium to high heat, fry the burgers on all sides. Once browned, turn down the heat and cover with a lid. Leave for 5 minutes, turning every now and then.
- While your burgers are cooking through, mix the relish ingredients together in a bowl. Season to taste.
- Once the burgers are cooked through (to test, cut one open and make sure it is no longer pink and the cheese is melted). Slice each of them into three and serve with the relish and some salad.