Note: Almost healthy, Ron thought they were good for him, but even when I explained they did have some sugar in he still kept eating them.
one more thing: You can vary the fruit you use, apricots, raisins, cherries, dates and other ready to eat fruites will work well.
- Grease and line a 20 x 30cm tray bake tin.
- Put the hob nobs in a plastic bag and give them a bit of a bash with a rolling pin, they don’t need to be like dust, but not too chunky.
- In a large bowl, mix the hob nobs, coconut, sultanas and figs.
- In a small pan, heat the butter, syrup and castor sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Add the Horlicks and mix well.
- Tip this mixture into the bowl and mix thoroughly. Tip into the prepared tray bake tin, spread out and press down well.
- Carefully melt the white chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. Spread the melted chiocolate over the biscuit mix.
- Place inthe fridge for 2 – 3 hours until set. Cut into squares.