- Finely chop all the vegetables and fry with the oil in a saucepan for 3–4 minutes.
- Add the lentils, tomatoes, oregano, stock cube and water. Bring to the boil. Season with salt and pepper. Leave to simmer for about 20 minutes until all the vegetables are cooked.
- In the meantime, put the spaghetti on to cook.
- When everything is cooked, drain the spaghetti and serve the bolognese mixture on the top. Grate some Parmesan-style or Cheddar cheese over the top.
Veggie Spaghetti Bolognese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil to fry
- 2 tablespoons red lentils
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 mug water + 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 2 portions of spaghetti to serve
- grated Parmesan-style or Cheddar cheese to serve