- Mix together the meatball ingredients and form about 20 meatballs. Set to one side until needed.
- Put the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Leave with a lid on until needed.
- Heat the butter in a wok, add the onions and fry until they begin to soften. Add the rice and fry until it absorbs the butter. Add the water, saffron and stock cube. Put a lid on the pan and leave to simmer gently for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the meatballs. Turn until they are browned on all sides.
- Stir the spinach and pine nuts into the rice, it will take about 30 seconds for the spinach to wilt.
- Reheat the sauce and serve the rice and meatballs.
Swedish Meatballs with Spinach Rice
- 500g pork mince
- 1 tablespoon greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil to fry
- 400g packet of passatta
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 dessertspoon sugar
- 25g butter, measure using packet
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 mug basmati rice
- 2 mugs water
- pinch of saffron
- 1 vegetable stock cube or 1 tablespoon concentrated liquid veg stock
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 200g bag baby spinach, roughly chopped