- Put the pasta on to cook. Drain and return to the pan until needed.
- To make the cheese sauce, put the grated cheese, paprika and the flour in a saucpan and mix together. Add the milk and bring to the boil, stirring frequently. The sauce should thicken. Leave to one side until needed.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the onions and garlic and fry until the onions begin to soften. Add the mushrooms and fry for 2 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until it wilts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sauce and the pasta to the wok and mix together. Pour into a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan over the top and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until browned on the top.
- Serve with some salad.
Spinach and Mushroom Bake Recipe with crunchy Parmesan topping
- 2 mugs pasta
- 1 mug cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 25g butter, measure using packet
- 1 mug milk
- pinch paprika
- 2 tablespoon oil to fry
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500g pack mushrooms, sliced
- 100g pack fresh spinach, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 mug grated Parmesan
- Bag salad leaves