- To make the chutney, heat a little oil in a saucepan and fry the onions until they begin to brown.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic and fry for 1 minute. Add the rest of the chutney ingredients and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a frying pan. Fry the chicken on a medium heat for 2 minutes each side. Season well with salt and pepper. Turn down the heat and fry, with a lid on the pan, for a further 4 minutes each side. Cut into slices.
- Preheat the grill.
- Brush one side of the tortilla with oil, place in the frying pan and spread with some chutney. Add the cheese, chicken, onions, and chillies. Place another tortilla on top and brush with oil.
- Fry for 2 minutes and then put under the grill for 1 minute, or until it begins to brown.
Spicy Chicken Quesadillas with tomato chutney
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1 fat red chilli, chopped or 1 teaspoon paprika
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 x 125 pack mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 4 jalepeno chillies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil