- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan oven/200ºC/Gas 6. Grease a casserole dish.
- Fry the sausages in a frying pan until browned. Remove from pan.
- Fry the onion and garlic for 2–3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the tin of tomatoes and tomato purée, stir and bring to the boil. Simmer for 2–3 minutes.
- Add the beans to the pan, continue to cook.
- Cut each sausage into 4 and add to the pan, stir well and take off the heat. Add the basil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole dish. Break the 2 eggs over the top of the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes until the eggs are cooked.
- Serve with fresh, crusty bread or baked potatoes.
Sausage and Egg Bake
- 6 herby, spicy or vegetarian
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped finely
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of tomato purée
- 400g tin of cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon of freeze-dried basil
- 2 eggs
£1.00 / PERSON