- Cook rice with pilau rice seasoning (see page 18).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the mince and cook until it is no longer pink.
- Add the stock, curry paste, mushrooms and the 1⁄4 mug of water. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 3–4 minutes until all the liquid has gone. Stir frequently.
- Add the cooked rice to the meat mixture. Season well with salt and pepper.
Student Nosh: Spicy Risotto Recipe
- 1 mug water
- 1⁄2 mug rice
- 1 teaspoon pilau rice seasoning
- 1 tablespoon oil to fry
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 125g pack of lamb, beef or Quorn mince
- 1⁄2 lamb, beef or vegetable stock cube
- 1 dessertspoon mild curry paste
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 mug water
- salt and pepper
- 1 dessertspoon coriander leaves, roughly chopped to garnish