- Preheat the oven to 200ºC fan oven/220ºC/gas 7. Grease and line a 22 x 32cm baking tray.
- Put the eggs and sugar in a large bowl and beat (preferably with an elelctric mixer) until thick and pale in colour.
- Gently fold in the flour and lemon rind.
- Pour into the baking tin and gently even out.
- Place in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes. The sponge should be lightly golden brown.
- Prepare a piece of greaseproof paper which is larger than the baking tray and sprinkle with caster sugar. Turn the sponge onto the paper. Remove the paper that has lined the tin, and roll up the sponge, keeping the sugared paper inside the roll. This will enable you to unroll the sponge later and fill with jam. Leave to cool.
- Unroll the sponge and spread the jam evenly over. Roll up again, this time without the paper inside.
- Sprinkle the almonds over the top.
Raspberry swiss roll with almonds
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 mug caster sugar
- 2/3 mug plain flour
- zest of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons good raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
depends how much you like swiss roll, it didn’t last long in the Kitchen after the photoshoot :-)