In order to get the cheesecake out of the tin, you will need to use a cake tin with a loose bottom. It is best to put a circle of greaseproof paper in the bottom. Once the cheesecake has set, loosen the side with a knife and place the loose-bottomed tin on a jam jar or tin and push the sides down.
- Put the digestive biscuits into a polythene bag and crush them with a rolling pin or similar implement (tin of beans). There should be no lumps left, just crumbs!
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the crushed biscuit. Mix well.
- Press the biscuit mixture into the bottom of a 20cm cake tin. If you do not have a cake tin, use a small casserole dish (don’t try to get the cake out whole, just cut into pieces in the dish).
- Beat the cream and sugar together with a whisk until the cream thickens. Don’t keep beating once thickened, or it will turn to butter.
- Gently fold in the cream cheese, grated lemon rind and juice. The lemon juice is essential, as it helps the cream to set. Pour on to the top of the biscuit mixture and gently spread out.
- Leave in the fridge for 4 hours to set.
- Decorate the top with fruit.