Quesidillas can be varied. Here are the basic instructions and one set of ingredients which can be used. If you are vegetarian, obviously leave out the meat and add other vegetables of your choice. For quesidillas, it is best to buy the soft, flour tortillas.
- Wash the beans well and leave to drain.
- Fry the whole chicken breast in a little oil until cooked through (no longer pink inside) Take out of the pan and leave to stand.
- Fry the onion until it begins to brown, then add the pepper and mushrooms. (If you use beef mince, add now and cook until no longer pink). Cook for another 3–4 minutes. Take off the heat.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips and add to the vegetable mix, along with the beans and tomato purée. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Put the grill on to heat up.
- Wash the frying pan. Butter one side of the tortilla wraps. Put the freshly cleaned pan on to heat up. Put one of the wraps, butter side down, in the pan. Put 1⁄4 of the filling onto the wrap and spread it out, then place the other wrap, butter side up, on the top of the filling. Now place under the grill until the butter begins to brown.
- Slide onto a plate and cut into wedges. Serve with salsa and/or soured cream.