This method of cooking potatoes may involve a little more work but is well worth it. They are soft on the inside and have scrumptious, crispy skins. Goes wonderfully with the pork steaks and the apple chutney.
- Put the oven on to heat, 180ºC fan oven/200ºC/gas 6.
- Melt the butter and the oil together.
- Slice the potatoes on the thickest blade of a food processor or slice .5cm by hand. Arrange the potatoes in a casserole dish, see photo. Push the sliced onions into the potatoes. Brush with the oil and butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for 1 1/4 hours. The potatoes should be browned and crispy on the top and cooked through.
- Meanwhile make the apple chutney. Heat the oil in a small saucepan. Add the onions and garlic and fry until the onion begins to soften. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer gently for 2 – 3 minutes.
- 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time put the greens on to cook.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the pork steaks for 2 – 3 minutes each side. If the steaks are very thin make sure you don’t over cook them or they will be dry.
- Serve the steaks with the potatoes, greens and apple chutney.