- Preheat the oven to 160C fan oven/180C/gas 5. Line a deep 30cm x 20cm baking tray.
- Put the fruit, butter, sugar, juice, and jam in a large saucepan and gently bring to the boil. Simmer for 3 minutes and then leave to cool.
- When the mixture is cool, stir in the eggs and flour and mix well.
- Pour into the cake tin and put the pecans on the top. Cook for 50 minutes in the oven.
Pecan Fruit Cake with dates and cherries
- 1/2 mug/70g mixed dried fruit
- 250g pack ready-to-eat stoned dates, chopped
- 100g pack glace cherries, chopped
- 125g butter
- 1 mug/185g soft brown sugar
- 1/2 mug/185ml apple/orange juice
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 mugs/300g self raising flour
- 200g pecan (or almond) nuts to decorate