I just worked this out each cookie costs, wait for it… 9p!!!! You’d pay at least 50p in a coffee shop for one of these little guys, bargain
You can actually leave this dough for a couple of days in the fridge and cook fresh cookies whenever you want them. These cookies never last long in our house and considering that they don’t have any chocolate in them it is quite a recommendation.Beat the butter and sugar together until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, orange rind and orange juice and beat.
- Add the flour, pecans and ginger. Mix to a dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and divide into 2. Roll each half into a sausage about 4cm in diameter. Wrap in cling film and leave in the fridge for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan oven/200ºC/gas 6. Grease or line a baking tray.
- The cookie dough will be quite firm by now. Cut with a sharp knife into 1cm thick cookies. Place in the baking tray 4cm apart. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. The cookies will be slightly browned around the edges.