- Preheat the oven to 160ºC fan oven/180ºC/gas 5. Grease and line a 23cm cake tin.
- Beat together the butter and sugar. Add the flour, ground almonds and xanthan gum and mix to a stiff paste. Press into the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Put the topping ingredients, apart from the cream, in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer and bubble for 2-3 minutes, the sugar should be dissolved and the mixture lightly golden. Add the cream and stir. Take off the heat and pour over the shortbread.
- Leave to set. Cut into triangles.
Gluten-free Nutty Shortbread
- 265g butter, measure using packet
- 115g caster sugar
- 265g rice flour
- 115g ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 50g sesame seeds
- 100g pine nuts
- 75g butter, measure using packet
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon double cream