- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan oven/200ºC/gas 6.
- Heat the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the flour, mix together and cook for 30 seconds. Add the milk and bring back to the boil, stirring frequently. Add the mascarpone and basil. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a wok, add the mushrooms and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the mascarpone sauce, mix together and take off the heat.
- Pierce a hole in the bag of spinach and place in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Grease a casserole dish (a large square or oblong one) and place 3 sheets of lasagna on the bottom. Add 1/3 of the spinach, 1/3 of the mushroom mix and 1/3 of the port salut cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Repeat this process 2 more times.
- Place the sliced tomatoes over the top and place in the oven for 25 minutes. The cheese should be a little browned.
Mushroom Lasagne with Spinach and Mascarpone
- 50g butter, measured using packet
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 mugs milk
- salt and pepper
- 250g tub mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- 9 dried lasagna sheets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g mixed mushrooms, eg. chestnut, shittake or oyster
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 200g packet baby spinach leaves
- 175g port salut cheese, cut into small chunks
- 2 tomatoes, sliced