- Heat the oil in a wok or saucepan. Fry the carrots, onion and garlic until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the minced beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, stock cube, water and chilli powder. Season with salt and pepper and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC fan oven/220ºC/Gas 7.
- Pour the chilli mixture into a casserole dish. Place the tortilla chips on top and then sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese has softened.
Movie Night Chilli Tortilla Pie
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 450g minced beef or Quorn
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 1 beef or vegetable stock cube,
- 1⁄2 mug water
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1⁄2 x 225g bag tortilla chips
- 1 mug grated cheese
- salt and pepper
£1.15 / PERSON