- Preheat the oven to 160ºC fan oven/180ºC/gas 5. Grease and line 2 x 20cm cake tins.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and desiccated coconut and fold into the egg mixture.
- Add the zest and coconut cream and gently fold in.
- Divide between the 2 cake tins and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes. The cake should spring back when gently pressed.
To make the icing, beat the ingredients together until light and fluffy.
Coconut Lime Cake
- 175g softened butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 175g GF self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon GF baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 60g desiccated coconut
- zest of a lime
- 160g coconut cream
- 85g butter
- 350g icing sugar
- juice of 2 limes
- peels from zest to decorate