- Preheat the oven 180˚C fan oven/200˚C/gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or large saucepan. Add the onion and carrots and fry until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the mince and fry until no longer pink. Add the flour and mix well. Add the water and stock, season and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the flour, xanthan gum, salt and butter in a processor. Whizz until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the egg and water and pulse the processor until a soft dough is formed. Turn out onto a floured surface and roll out until it is just under 1cm thick.
- Add the mint to the meat and pour into a casserole dish. Wet the top edges of the dish with water. Carefully lift the pastry onto the rolling pin and then spread over the meat. Trim the edges and crimp them. Brush the top with beaten egg. Make a hole in the centre to let the steam out.
- Place in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Serve with mash and green veg.
Gluten-free Minted Lamb Pie
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 500g minced lamb
- 2 tablespoons GF plain flour
- 2 mugs water
- GF lamb stock cube
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- 2 mugs/360g GF plain flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 175g butter, measure using packet
- 1 egg + 1/3 mug cold water
- 6 medium potatoes
- green veg
£1.96 / Person