- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onions and fry until they begin to soften.
- Add the rice and fry until it has absorbed the oil. Add the tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, stock cube and water. Bring to the boil and then turn down to simmer for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally the make sure the mixture is not sticking to the bottom of the pan. Add a little more water if your rice doesn’t cook thoroughly. You should still have a creamy consistency. Season to taste.
- Stir in the olives, basil, salami and parmesan just before serving.
Italian Risotto Napoletana Recipe
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 mug arborio rice
- 425g tin tomatoes
- 2 large pieces sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 mugs water
- salt and pepper
- 20 black olives, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- 100g spicy salami, roughly chopped
- 1/2 mug grated parmesan cheese