- To make the cake. Preheat the oven to 160ºC fan oven/180ºC/gas 5. Grease a 20cm cake tin.
- Beat together the butter and sugar. Add the egg and beat well. Add the single banana and beat well. Fold in the flour and zantham gum.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.Once cooked, remove from the tin, leave to cool and then break into chunks.
- Make the caramel sauce by gently melting all the ingredients in a small saucepan, stirring continually and simmering for 1 minute.
- Gently mix together the mascarpone and the cream.
- Layer all the cake, caramel sauce, cream, custard and bananas in sundae dishes. Sprinkle the nuts on top You may not need to use all the cake.
Gluten-Free Baileys Banana Dessert
- 70g butter, measure using packet
- 2/3 mug/125g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 squashed banana
- 3/4 mug/140g gluten free self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon zantham gum
- Caramel Sauce
- 50g butter, measure using packet
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 250g mascarpone cream
- 400ml double cream
- 500ml vanilla custard
- 3 bananas sliced
- 1/2 mug Baileys
- 1/2 mug chopped pecans