- Preheat the oven to 170ºC/190ºC/gas 5. Grease or line 2 baking trays.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat. Stir in the flour and almond extract.
- Roll out the dough and cut 7cm rounds. Place on the baking sheets with room for them to spread slightly.
- To make the topping, put the butter, sugar and syrup in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Take off the heat and add the apricots, ginger, almonds, flour and chocolate chips.
- Put dessertspoons of the mixture on top of the cookies and spread them out a bit.
- Bake in the oven for 14-15 minutes. The cookies should be lightly browned.
Florentine Cookies Recipe with apricots and ginger
- 115g butter (measure on packet)
- 1/2 mug/115g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 mugs/225g self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 50g butter (measure on packet)
- 50g caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 175g ready-to-eat dried apricots, chopped
- 50g/3 pieces crystalised ginger, chopped
- 100g flaked almonds
- 4 tablespoon plain flour
- 100g white chocolate chips