- Heat the oil in a wok. Add the beef strips and 1. cook on high heat for 2 – 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and set to one side.
- Add the onions, garlic, peppers and ginger to the pan. Stir fry for 1 – 2 minutes on high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and the five spice powder. Cook for 1 minute on high heat.
- Return the beef to the pan with the sauce ingredients and the noodles. Cook on high heat for 1 minute until everything is heated through.
- Serve immediately.
Five Spice Beef Noodles
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 350g rump, sirloin or topside
- beef, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 1 small red or green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ‘five spice’ powder
- 1 x pack fresh or ready-to-wok
- egg noodles.
- 1⁄4 mug hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
£3.05 / PERSON