- Preheat the oven to 170ºC fan oven/190ºC/gas 5. Grease a 23cm springform cake tin and line the bottom greaseproof paper.
- Beat together the butter, sugar and curd cheese until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks and beat well.
- Add the almonds, sultanas, polenta, and the zest and juice of the lemons. Gently mix together. Leave to stand for 10 minutes
- In another bowl whisk the egg whites until they are stiff but not ‘dry’. Fold into the cake mixture.
- Pour into the cake tin and smooth over.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the oven. Place a piece of foil over the top of the cake tin, this will prevent it getting too brown. Cook for a further 30 minutes. Switch off the oven and leave the cake in until the oven cools down.
- Once the cake is completely cooled dredge with icing sugar.
Austrian Curd Cheesecake
- 150g butter
- 275g caster sugar
- 550g curd cheese
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 100g ground almonds
- 100g sultanas
- 50g fine polenta
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- icing sugar
28p / slice