- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan oven/2001. ºC/gas 6. Grease a large shallow casserole dish with oil.
- Heat water to boiling in a saucepan, add the cubed potatoes and season with salt. Bring back to the boil, then turn down to simmer for 10 minutes. Drain and add the
butter, allowing it to melt. Put a lid on the pan and shake the potatoes to distribute the butter evenly.
- Mix the cream cheese and the cream together until smooth. Add the chicken stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken, onions, mushrooms and peas into a shallow casserole dish and mix together.
- Pour the creamy mix over the top.
- Put the potatoes on top. Place in the oven for 20 minutes, with a lid on and for a further 25-30 minutes with the lid off, until the potatoes are browned.
- Serve with boiled carrots.
Creamy Mushroom and Chicken Pie
- 4 large potatoes, cut into 2cm
- 50g butter, measured using
- 300g pack of Philadelphia
cream cheese with garlic &
- 300ml carton double cream
- 1 tablespoon concentrated
liquid chicken stock or a
crumbled stock cube
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 mug defrosted frozen peas
- 6–8 medium carrots, sliced
- salt and pepper
£1.80 / PERSON