- Put the couscous in a bowl and add the boiling water, stock cube, paprika, cumin and coriander. Stir together. Cover with a plate and leave to stand for at least 5 minutes, until the water is absorbed.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok. Add the onions, garlic and chopped chorizo. Fry until the chorizo is browned.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes and water, and cook for another 1–2 minutes, stirring frequently. Most of the liquid should be gone.
- Add the couscous, mix together and serve.
Chickpea and Chorizo Couscous: Student recipes
- 1⁄2 mug couscous
- 1 mug boiling water + 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 small chorizo sausages, chopped
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 mug water