- Put the lime, chilli, garlic, oil and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the chicken and leave for 10 minutes.
- Cut the sugar snaps in half, lengthways and place in boiling water. Simmer for 1 minute, then drain and set to one side.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry just the chicken pieces for 2 – 3 minutes until they are cooked through. Pour the rest of the marinade juices into the pan. Fry for a further minute, then set aside.
- Mix the fresh herbs with the salad leaves. Add the rest of the ingrdients and serve. Pour the marinade juices over the salad.
Chicken Mango Salad – with a dash of lime
- juice and zest of a lime
- 1 fat red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tasblespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 200g pack sugar snaps
- 120g bag salad leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced