- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion and celery. Fry until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the tomatoes and fry for 2 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the water, stock, sun-dried tomatoes and the pasta. Bring to the boil and then turn down to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut the chicken as thinly as possible. Add to the soup and bring to the boil. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the basil and serve with some crusty bread.
Chicken and tomato soup recipe with trofie pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 5 mugs water
- 2 tablespoons liquid chicken stock or 2 chicken stock cubes
- 6 pieces sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 mug of trofie pasta (risoni or orzo will work)
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil