- Preheat the oven to 160ºC fan oven/180ºC/gas 5. Grease and line 2 x 20cm tins.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Add the syrup and beat well.
- Add the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, cocoa, vanilla and milk and gently mix together.
- Divide between the 2 tins and smooth out the tops. Place in the oven for 25 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Put the cream in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Take off the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate melts. Add the orange zest and stir. Leave to cool. When the chocolate begins to set, put a little on the base of one of the cakes and place the other one, base down, on top. Pour the rest of the chocolate over the top and spread over the cake. Leave to set; although, you can try a piece before it is set, just a bit messy, but yummy.
Celebrate your ‘A’ Levels with this Gluten-free Chocolate Fudge Cake
- 200g butter, measure using packet
- 1 mug/200g dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 1/4 mugs/250g gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 mug/50g cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 mug/75ml milk
- 200ml double cream
- 200g dark chocolate
- zest of an orange