- Put the oven on to heat at 180ºC fan oven/200ºC/Gas 6.
- Fry the onions and garlic in a frying pan for 1–2 minutes.
- Add the mince and cook until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add the curry paste, apple, raisins, chutney, salt and pepper. Stir well and heat through for about 2 minutes. Pour into a greased casserole dish.
- Beat the egg in a mug and add the milk. Pour over the meat in the casserole dish.
- Cook in the oven for 40 minutes, the egg mixture will set by then. Serve with jacket potatoes (see page 20) or salad.
- 1 tablespoon oil to fry
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 250g pack of minced beef
- 2 teaspoons curry paste
- 1⁄2 an eating apple, unpeeled and cut into chunks
- 1⁄3 mug of raisins
- 1 dessertspoon chutney, Branston pickle or similar
- 1 egg + milk to make 1 mug of liquid
- salt and pepper
90p / PERSON