- Preheat the oven to 150ºC fan oven/1701. ºC/gas 4. Put some
greaseproof paper on a large baking tray.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until they form stiff
- Gradually add the sugar and beat until the mixture is smooth
and silky. It should be quite stiff.
- Gently fold in the ground almonds.
- Tip out onto the tray and spread the meringue into a 30cm
- Put in the oven for 1 hour. After one hour, turn off the heat,
but leave the meringue in for another 15 minutes. Take out
of the oven; if you leave it in it will continue to dry out.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate sauce. Put the cream in a
small saucepan and bring to the boil. Take off the heat and
add the broken-up chocolate. Stir until the chocolate melts.
Leave to cool.
- Once the meringue has cooled, put the whipped cream over
the top. Place the drained pears on top of the cream. Drizzle
the chocolate sauce over the top just before serving.
Almond and Pear Pavlova
- 4 egg whites
- 1 mug/225g castor sugar
- 100g packet ground almonds
- 100g bar milk chocolate
- 1⁄2 mug double cream
- 1 mug/300ml double cream,whipped
- large tin pears, drained of juice